Hello and thank you for the support! We appreciate it a great deal.
HUGE news—the DNC on Thursday released the criteria for making the Democratic primary debates in June and July. They are:
- Receive at least 1% in 3 polls either nationally or in early states (Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, South Carolina) between January 1 and mid-May; or
- Receive 65,000 individual donations, including at least 200 from 20 different states.
They also said that the field would be restricted to 20 candidates, so if more than 20 candidates satisfy the criteria above, they would knock out the bottom few.
We are in a great position to make this happen. I am already at 1% nationally in a Monmouth poll, and that was before the massive growth we’ve seen over the past couple weeks.
That said, we are going to leave nothing to chance. We have to blow through both criteria to make sure we are in the top 20 and have the chance to speak directly to the American people.
We’ve received donations from approximately 16,000 people to date. Our new goal is to have 65,000 people donate at least $1 by May 15th for our One for Humanity campaign. Across our social media platforms, we have over 130,000 followers and friends, so we know we can do this.
Simply put—if everyone on this list donates $1 and gets one friend or relative to donate $1, we’re on the debate stage. Period.
I need you with me. Here is how you can help:
- Donate $1 today. If you haven’t donated yet, please donate just $1 right now. That alone will make a huge difference.
- Convince a friend to donate $1 today. If every single person on this list convinces one more person to donate, we hit our goal TODAY. Send the donation link to all of your friends and family, asking them to donate just $1. Every single person counts. You can use this link: yang2020.com/donate.
- Join your local Yang Gang. Or, if we haven’t started a chapter in your area, start your own. We’ll be mobilizing our supporters around the country to get to 65,000 donors.
Over the next few weeks, you’ll see a ton of resources coming from our team to spread the word—posters, flyers, QR codes, social media content, etc. We’ll even have a progress bar on our website so you can see how we’re tracking. This campaign is going to be a lot of fun.
I have been confident that I’d be on the debate stage ever since the Monmouth poll came out, but now it feels closer than ever. It’s a thrill to see what the standards are—I’ll send a message out when we reach our goal. We will then have a debate-watching party in both June and July to look forward to. 😉
Little known fact about me—as a high school senior, I was on the US National Debate team that went to the World Championships in London in 1992. If you get me on that stage, I will deliver.
It’s time to put some numbers on the board. Let’s get to work.
Your fired up candidate,